"Four Seasons Community Garden - Bowral is a local community and ADRA-supported project.”
The Four Season Community Garden - Bowral began in 2014. Since then we have been working hard to establish a clear direction, develop infrastructure, make friends and grow our volunteer base. We are very pleased with our progress and welcome more volunteers to join us on the journey.
The Four Seasons Community Garden - Bowral is under the auspices of ADRA. We support ADRA's values and code of conduct. We are proud to be one of the many ADRA -supported projects around the world, working to enpower people to grow and develop a community project for the mutual benefit of all who are involved.
We believe that amazing things happen when people work together in truth and love to build a better world.
What Happens in the Garden
- We meet new people and make new friends.
- There is a working bee on the third Sunday of each month, 9am-1pm.
- Those who feel confident are able to come to the garden to work at any time.
- We are delighted to have the teachers and children from two local childcare centres coming to the garden to tend their garden beds.
- There is the opportunity to take home some of what is grown.
- We also like to grow extra food to share with those in need.
- There are workshops that explore particular garden topics.
- From time to time there are mini workshops aimed at teaching gardening skills and providing opportunity for hands on experience.
- Sometimes invited guests come to share their knowledge.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
Marcus Tullius Cicero“