The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul.
Four Seasons Community Garden Bowral
- Keen gardeners
- All ages (children with a carer)
- All experience and abilities
Garden Tip of the Month
Broccoli and Cauliflower
If you like broccoli, kale or cauliflower, consider planting the seeds in seedling trays inside. These two vegetables are easy to transplant, so when the time comes to move them outside, they’ll be hearty enough to survive cooler soil temperatures.
Health Tip of the Month
Eat something raw from the plant kingdom at every meal and make it the biggest part of the meal: vegetables, fruits, legumes, whole grains should be the bulk of what you eat.
Recipe of the Month
Quick Baked Zucchini Chips
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Egg Whites
- Preheat the oven to 245 degrees C
- In one small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Place the egg whites in a separate bowl. Dip zucchini slices into the egg whites, then coat the breadcrumb mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn over and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until browned and crispy.
Total prep. time = 5min.
Cook time: 10 min.
Ready time: 15min.
Per Serving: Per Serving: 92 calories; 1.7 g fat; 13.8 g carbohydrates; 6.1 g protein; 2 mg cholesterol; 340 mg sodium.